Jobs and Internships
2015 NCSE Conference Intern
The National Council for Science and the Environment (NCSE) seeks a Conference Intern for it's15th National Conference on Science, Policy and the Environment: Energy & Climate Change to take place January 27-29, 2015 at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City Hotel, Crystal City, VA.
This paid full-time temporary position is scheduled to begin December 29, 2014 and conclude February 17, 2015.
The Conference Intern’s duties will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Coordinate email campaigns to recruit conference volunteers (including personalized emails to certain individuals as well as generic emails to be sent to large groups).
- Reach out to conference speakers and session leaders
- Arrange and participate in conference calls with session leaders
- Utilize online forums (eg Idealist.org, craiglist.org) as well as listservs to publicize volunteer opportunities.
- Assist in monitoring the conference emails and answering inquires.
- Maintain spreadsheet with volunteer information.
- Assist with training for individuals who will be taking notes during the conference breakout sessions.
- Assist with updating mobile conference app
- Assist in identifying inventory of conference materials, (no later than 2 weeks before the conference). packing and unpacking all materials, onsite logistical support during conference (includes staying in host hotel w/other staff)
- Help with various post-conference duties as they arise by working directly with the Conference Program Coordinator and the Meetings Manager on general planning task.
Position Requirements are:
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent web and computer skills
- Meeting planning & meeting logistical experience
Interested applicants should send their resume along with a brief cover letter to Christopher Prince at Internships@ncseonline.org.