This second National Conference explored the application of such science to community sustainability.
Release of 2001 NCSE Conference Report
ACHIEVING SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES:
Science & Solutions
The report of the 2nd National Conference on Science, Policy and the Environment
Wednesday, May 22, 2002
3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
2318 Rayburn House Office Building
Come and learn the Top 10 Keys to achieve livable, secure and sustainable communities and find out what it means to Think Locally and Act Globally.
In addition to the participation of several House Committees, this breifing also has the support of:
- Senate Northeast Midwest Coalition
- Senate Smart Growth Task Force
- Hon. Bill Pascrell, Jr. (D-NJ), Co-Chair and Hon. Earl Blumenauer
(D-OR), Chair Livable Communities Task Force
- Hon. Jack Quinn (R-NY), Co-Chair Northeast Midwest Coalition
- Hon. Sherwood Boehlert (R-NY), Chair House Science Committee
- Ambassador Richard Benedick, D.B.A. -- President, National Council for
Science and the Environment
- A. Karim Ahmed, Ph.D -- President, Global Children's Health and Environment Fund
- David Blockstein, Ph.D -- Senior Scientist, National Council for Science
and the Environment