A premier benefit of University Affiliate membership is representation on NCSE’s Council of Environmental Deans and Directors (CEDD). Each University Affiliate school designates a representative to serve on CEDD. The group currently includes almost 200 members representing academic environmental programs of all sizes and types.
Join universities and colleges throughout the United States as a NCSE University Affiliate member, and gain access to CEDD's valuable projects, resources, and biannual meetings.
Special Projects and Partnerships
CEDD has initiated projects to help academic programs educate future environmental professionals and leaders. These include:
- A major study of career pathways and opportunities for environmental program graduates;
- The first quantitative study of environmental curricula at more than 250 programs;
- A Climate Change Education Resource working to create materials and courses to prepare students to respond to the climate challenge. In 2009 CEDD/NCSE received $1.7M and $150K NASA grants;
- An online resource, Interdisciplinary Hiring, Tenure and Promotion: Guidance for Individuals and Institutions, which presents the first comprehensive how-to-guide, providing best practices for each stage of a scholar’s career;
- A collaboration with EnvironMentors, NCSE’s national college access program for underserved youth, to better serve the diversity needs of affiliate schools. EnvironMentors has 13 university-based chapters for the 2012-2013 academic year; and
- Partnerships with national and international academic organizations.
CEDD Bi-Annual Meetings
The CEDD Winter Business Meeting will convene January 17-18, 2013, directly following the 2013 National Conference: Distasters and Environment. The 2012 CEDD Summer Program Conference was held in San Jose, California on June 18-20. The 2012 CEDD Winter meeting was held on January 21 in Washington, DC in conjunction with NCSE's National Conference:Environment & Security.These meetings are open to CEDD representatives or their designees.
For information on membership, please visit the University Affiliate Program website, or contact:
Director of University Membership and Relations