Combined Federal Campaign
Support us through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) for workplace giving
Find NCSE as
"American Council for Environment and Science" under Conservation & Preservation Charities of America
CFC Identification Number: 10184
The National Council for Science and the Environment (NCSE) advances science-based solutions to the critical environmental challenges of climate change, energy, greening the economy, forest and wildlife conservation, water and human health. NCSE has set a standard for bringing together scientists, government officials, educators, corporate and civic leaders to develop viable solutions, and communicating science to policy makers and the public.
NCSE's innovative programs and activities include:
- Campus to Careers, a program to support young professionals in their first steps towards an environmental career. It provides paid internships and other short-term job opportunities for college students and recent graduates at federal agencies, businesses and non-profits working in the environment and energy fields.
- Encyclopedia of Earth, the first free, digital reference about the Earth, its natural environments, and their interaction with society. It provides timely, objective, and high quality information to the public written by a global community of scholars, educators and professionals. It includes over 4,000 articles produced and reviewed by over 1,000 experts from 60 countries.
- EnvironMentors, a national college access program that prepares high school students from under-represented communities for college degrees and careers in environmental fields though one-to-one mentoring from professionals and university faculty and students.
- The National Conference on Science, Policy and the Environment. The upcoming conference, Our Changing Oceans, will be held on January 19-21, 2011 at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, DC. Our most recent conference, The New Green Economy, attracted over 1,000 participants from government, universities, business and civic society.
- Promoting federal funding for environmental research and education. NCSE has led successful initiatives that include restoring full funding for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s STAR Graduate Fellowship Program and promoting legistation to double the National Science Foundation's funding in seven years.
THANK YOU for considering a contribution to NCSE. Your support at any level enables NCSE to support solutions for a healthy environment. To make a contribution through CFC, look for us under "American Council for Environment and Science" in Conservation and Preservation Charities of America in the 2011 brochure (ID #: 10184).